Account Executive – Corporate Communications – Job Profile
Slattery Communications, one of Ireland’s longest established and respected PR and new media consultancies, is seeking an experienced, passionate Account Executive for its Corporate Division. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading, progressive agency and work on a number of household and blue chip corporate brands!
About the role:
You will be supporting a senior corporate team who specialise in B2B communications across a broad spectrum of clients. Taking the initiative and a desire to learn is imperative in this busy corporate department. Emphasis will be placed on strong technical writing skills and media relations. This team thrives on successfully pitching their clients’ stories to the media and bringing a proactive can do attitude to the role. The successful candidate also needs to be familiar with using social media in PR.
Key qualities and skills:
Ideally we are looking for someone with between one to two years’ experience in Public Relations or a related communications field. However, they will need to possess the following qualities:
· Excellent communication skills, written and spoken
· Strong interest in media relations abilities
· Creative and lateral thinker with a “make it happen” attitude
· Keen interest in business, technology, financial and current affairs and in relating them to a client’s business
· Flexible attitude, calm under pressure and able to deliver to deadline, accurately
· Experience of producing and presenting reports showcasing results
· With a passion for what you do, you will be dynamic and driven with a keen thirst to learn and develop your career. You want to work in a fast moving environment with a strong attention to detail.
· BS/BA/MBS/MBA. Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, Business, or other. 1+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Corporate or business background with a good understanding of technology and social media.
What you can expect:
· An exciting and positive working environment
· An opportunity to progress your career working with a host of Blue Chip Clients
· Experience best international practice through our Ketchum affiliation
· Strong Salary
Send CV and brief cover note to: email@example.com
Application deadline: 27th May 2013
Account Director – Consumer Division – Maternity Cover
Slattery Communications, one of Ireland’s longest established and respected PR and new media consultancies, is seeking an experienced, passionate Account Director for our Consumer Division. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading, progressive agency and work on a number of household name brands! This is a six month contract covering maternity leave and will commence in August 2013.
Successful Candidate Summary:
The successful candidate will be a highly creative person who can consistently find new ways to get results for our clients. They should be extremely organized and able to lead accounts and provide strategic counsel to clients. As well as being commercially savvy and budget orientated, they should have strong leadership skills and the ability to engender excellence in a team.
Essential Experience Required:
- Experience working in a PR agency at a senior level with a proven ability to manage diverse workloads and priorities.
- Excellent writing and media relations skills combined with social media and online PR experience.
- Experience working on household name consumer brands with excellent media relationships.
- Excellent account management skills as the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all projects are completed to deadline and within budget
- Experience within food, beauty, consumer tech industries strongly favoured.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as team lead and day-to-day client contact on a number of major brands.
- Lead client strategy, planning and budget setting processes.
- Handle a client portfolio providing senior level consultancy
- Contribute to the overall achievement of the Division’s business plan through completely owning client relationships and billings as directed by the Divisional Director
- Contribute to the agency’s new business goals as required.
- Lead a team to provide an excellent service to your clients
BS/BA/MBS/MBA. Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, Business, or other. 6+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Consumer background.
Send CV and brief cover note to:
Application deadline: May 23rd, 2013
This week we launched Molson Coors newest product in the Irish market ‘Molson Canadian’. We took over The Bailey and Café En Seine. Invited members of the press, trade, bloggers and journos from around Ireland to sample Canada’s finest export. A taxidermy bear, wolf, moose, two models (Rozanna Purcell and Daniella Moyles) on the Sugarloaf and a whole lot of maple leafs later Molson Canadian had been introduced to the Irish public. Andrew Molson, Director and Chairman of the board of Molson Coors Brewing Company was on hand to kick off the festivities;
“Not only has Ireland contributed greatly to Canada’s history, a fact which is evident in the number of Irish place names dotted around the country, we continue to share a lot of similarities. Aside from having a mutual love of beer, we grew up watching a lot of the same TV programmes and eating the same chocolate bars, and we’re true kindred spirits with a mutual love of freedom, a taste for adventure, and an ear for a good tune! With so much in common, I’m confident Canadian will be welcomed with open arms and will quickly find a new home in Ireland, just like many Irish have done in Canada over the centuries.”
Molson Canadian. The Adventure Starts Here!
The champers was uncorked early today at Slattery’s as we announced the happy appointment of Lisa McDonald to our Board of Directors. Lisa has been here in Slattery Communications for over 12 years and has been integral to the growth and success of our Consumer department. She has skillfully managed huge blue chip clients, from Sky Ireland to Debenhams and everything in between.
We wish her the best of luck with the appointment and we’re confident that she’ll do a great job!
Slattery Communications is on the hunt for an up and coming Account Executive for our Consumer Division. Have you got the contacts, a keen ability to spot opportunities and a knack for twisting arms? If you’ve got the goods and are completely over flash mobs this could be for you. This is a great opportunity to work for one of Ireland’s most successful PR agencies. We work with really exciting start-up companies, new brands and global household names.
We’re looking for a super smart account executive with a great, positive attitude, ready to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the overall team effort of getting great results for our clients.
You should be:
Experienced – if you haven’t at least done a lengthy internship in a consumer PR agency or in-house don’t apply for this role – you simply won’t be considered. Our preference is for someone with at least 1 to 2 years of experience.
Outgoing – If you’re shy, don’t apply. We love people with personality and a sense of humour who can add to the overall vibe of the team.
Smart – Both academically and instinctively! Know when your opinion needs to be heard and when you’re better off biting your lip! But don’t be afraid to speak up, assert yourself — all within the balance of respectability of course!
Your role will entail: Press release writing, pitching and landing coverage with media, helping organise events and photoshoots, social media campaign development and implementation, new business pitching, presentation development, reporting, client and supplier liaison.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org